Friday, June 8, 2012

Preston's Birthday Mantel


As a few of you know, June is Preston's Birthday month. Yup, that means that around this time last year I was waddling around ready to pop! So crazy to think that my "baby" is going to be one!

Along with his birthday wreath, (see this post) I decorated the mantel, too.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Preston. My girlfriend Adria does amazing work. Check out her blog here.  And, yes, we are Dodger fans :)

A sweet friend gave me her number one to use from her daughter's birthday, so I repurposed it by covering it with baseball scrapbook paper.  I also used fake grass, small square vases I already had, and baseballs from hobby lobby.  

 I got baseball cards from Target, punched holes in them and threaded a piece of ribbon through, and voila a baseball card banner!  I also lined the mantel with mini baseball caps. Aren't they so cute!! I got them here.
 I thought it would be fun to create a piece of baseball birthday subway art. I think it nicely completes my mantel, don't you think? 

Like the baseball subway art?  Let me know and I will send it to you.

Sorry for the glare in some of the pics....bad lighting.

Happy Friday, Friends!! Have a great weekend!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment