Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekly Recipe Round-Up

Sorry friends....this weekend was a REALLY busy one for me. I appologize for not posting, but family and friends took up every inch of my time. I got to go out with girlfriends, sans kids, for the first time in forever. It was such a fun night! I also had book club, hosted play group (more on that in another post), attended an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party, and celebrated Christmas with Jake's family early, since we leave for Maui on Saturday. We were BUSY!! But, I am back now and ready to share my weekly round-up recipes with you! I hope you all had a busy and fun weekend, too! :)

Monday
Udon Miso Noodle Soup
Ingredients
*12 oz pkg o Udon Noodles
*4 cups chicken broth
*Chicken, beef, shrimp, or tofu
*1/2 cup snap peas
*1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
*1/2 cup mushrooms
*2 tablespoons white miso
*1/2 cup green onion
Preparation
1. Cook udon noodles according to package directions. Drain and let cool.
2. In a large stock pot bring chicken stock to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and add carrots, cook 1-2 minutes.  Add snap peas and cook 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
3. Add miso to a medium bowl and add a ladle of broth, and whisk until completely dissolved.  Add back into pot with veggies & broth. Try not to boil the soup, as the miso gets a bit gritty.
4. Add noodles and green onions & serve!

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday
Happy Cooking!!
Xoxo-Jamee

No comments:

Post a Comment