Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Top Pinterest Picks For Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and I am looking for a few fun things to do to celebrate the ultimate day of love.  There are tons of ideas floating around on Pinterest. I have narrowed it down to my top picks:

1. 52 Things I Love About You
This is a great gift if you are looking for a fun and sentimental gift on a budget. Grab a deck of cards (new or old) and write one reason why you love that special person in your life on each card. It is fun to challenge yourself to come up with reason you love them ;)

2. A Day of Valentine's Day Meals
Breakfast


I love to cook. Cooking & baking for holidays is my ultimate favorite. What better way to start off Valentine's Day than with a yummy & festive breakfast! Heart bacon, cinnamon rolls and eggs & toast.
Lunch
 Pack your kids or even your hubby a sweet lunch.
A healthy snack or part of lunch...good for you and cute ;)
Dinner
Pepperoni Heart Pizza
Cant' go wrong with pizza....especially with pepperoni shaped hearts. You can either make your own pizza dough, buy a boboli, or frozen pizza and decorate with pepperoni. To get the heart shape...take a cookie cutter and cut out the pepperoni hearts. Fun, simple & yummy!

3. I Love You More Than Cookies
This is another thrifty craft idea, although, this one takes a little more time and effort.  Make one big main cookie that says, "I Love You More Than...", and then make smaller cookies with either things you really like or famous couples, etc.  

4. Valentine Cocktails
Conversation Heart Vodka Infused Martini. 
The French Kiss: 
1 oz chamboard, 1oz vodka, 1 oz dark creme de cocoa & half & half
If you like my husband and I, we will be celebrating Valentine's Day at home, with a sleeping baby upstairs.  I plan to cook up a yummy dinner, light some candles, and enjoy a delish cocktail.  Here are few to give you some inspiration.

5. 14 Days of Valentine's
I know this is a little late, but I thought it was too cute to share! Set up some sort of mailbox, and everyday leading up to Valentine's day put a sweet note or special small treat in it.  Probably the best time to do it is when they are sleeping, so that when they get up in the morning it is waiting for them.

6. Conversation Heart Flower Display
 Have left over conversation hearts from last year that you need to get rid of?  Use them as a vase filler for flowers.  You can use it as a display on your mantel, dining room table, or surprise your loved one with this thoughtful arrangement on their bedside table on Valentine's Day Morning.

7. Valentine's Day Printables
Decorate with some word art. Go here to get your free printables, frame them and put them up around your house. A great way to get into the spirit of Valentine's day!

8. Toilet Paper Roll Heart Stamp 
This craft is good for kids of all ages. Need a valentine for Grandma or Grandpa? No need to buy anything extra, just get a toilet paper roll and ben in the center to make a heart shape.  Grab some paint and have them go to town.  

9. "I Dig You" Valentine
Preston obviously isn't at the age where we have to make Valentine's yet, but if we had to, we would make this fun gift. A great creative & unique valentine for a boy or girl.  Easy to make & not just another card.  

10.  Heart Shaped Whoopie Pies
Who doesn't like a fun & festive sweet treat?  Classroom treat for the kids, after dinner dessert, a just because I love you treat.... Make these for all of those you love.  Click here to get the recipe.  You'll get brownie points for creativity & baking skills :)

I will be doing a few of these ideas.  I love to celebrate holidays.  Get the kids or hubby involved and have some family fun.  I know I will.
 Happy (early) Valentine's Day!

Xoxo-Jamee


No comments:

Post a Comment